If you have been involved in a car accident in North Carolina, here are some important things to do:
- Stay at the scene: Do not leave the scene of the accident. If you do, you may face criminal charges.
- Check for injuries: Check yourself and others for injuries. Call 911 immediately if someone is seriously injured.
- Move to a safe location: If possible, move your car to a safe location to avoid further accidents or hazards.
- Call the police: Contact the police to report the accident, even if it's minor.
- Exchange information: Exchange information with the other driver involved, including names, phone numbers, addresses, driver's license numbers, insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the accident scene, the damage to the vehicles, and any injuries.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don't feel hurt, it's important to see a doctor to make sure you don't have any underlying injuries.
- Contact a personal injury attorney: If you've been injured, it's important to contact a personal injury attorney to protect your rights and help you navigate the legal process.
Remember, it's crucial to remain calm and cooperative throughout the process. Contact us if we can help!